The good news keeps coming! YESTERDAY, we reported two new co-sponsors for the One Subject at a Time Act (OSTA) and the publication of our most recent amicus brief. Now…
There are two new, ADDITIONAL co-sponsors for the OSTA!
- Rep. Tom Emmer [MN-6]
- Rep. Doug Collins [GA-9]
Now we have 15!
Rep. Mia Love of Utah, the original sponsor, continues to really promote this bill. Here’s how we can help her make progress…
- We must recognize that each co-sponsor has friends among his or her colleagues in the House.
- We should urge co-sponsors to ask their colleagues to become co-sponsors too.
- This is more likely to happen if we praise each new co-sponsor for supporting OSTA.
So we’re going to use “social media” to…
- Praise co-sponsors
- Ask them to find other co-sponsors
We have other actions planned, but… Today’s actions are for TWITTER.
The most powerful approach is to write a custom tweet — that’s you, using your own words. You should…
- Thank each of them for co-sponsoring the One Subject at a Time Act.
- Copy us on your tweet by adding @DownsizeDC (by tagging us @DownsizeDC, both the Representative’s staff and our team will see it on Twitter).
But if you’re in a hurry or don’t know what to write, here’s a Tweet you can copy and paste…
Thanks for cosponsoring the One Subject at a Time Act and working with @RepMiaLove @RandPaul @DownsizeDC to promote it.
Please send both of these Tweets right now. We did it!
We’ll be back tomorrow to take more action. We hope you will make it a PRIORITY to…
- Open our messages
- Do our VERY SIMPLE action items EVERYDAY
Your daily participation can cause real change, step by easy step.
Thanks for being an ACTIVE DC Downsizer!
Jim Babka & Perry Willis