Quote of the Day
“Whenever you turn anything over to the government, it is no longer a scientific, medical, commercial, or ethical issue; it is now a political issue — to be decided by politicians. Is this what you want — to transform a serious issue into a political boondoggle?”
– Harry Browne
ACTION ITEM – URGENT
It’s important Congress KEEPS hearing from you. The FCC meets Thursday and could impose a secret, 332-page plan of so-called “Net Neutrality.”
Please oppose the FCC’s proposed “Net Neutrality” regulations via DownsizeDC.org’s new campaign.
You may borrow from or copy this letter…
President Obama claims Net Neutrality will prevent Internet Service Providers from picking “winners and losers” in the Internet marketplace.
ISP’s want to please the customers. That’s why they don’t block the content of their rivals.
Net Neutrality is a “solution” to a NON-EXISTENT problem!
It also means the FCC, NOT consumers, will determine “winners and losers.” Its 332-page batch of Net Neutrality regulations will (http://fcc.us/1E49Frr):
* Raise taxes on broadband, making it more expensive.
* Have the FCC, NOT customers, determine which rates are “fair.”
* Leave the door open for new regulations, currently unknown.
* Make lobbying FCC and “packing” the commission an industry priority — perhaps even more than satisfying customers. (You think Comcast is dangerous now, wait until they control the FCC!)
But it keeps getting worse…
* Compliance costs will drive smaller smaller broadband providers out of business
* The plan will discourage broadband investment, leading to lower speeds
And it doesn’t even have the consent of the people! That’s because the unelected FCC relies on an 80 year-old law regulating phone monopolies to justify its power grab.
Congress was entirely ignored.
If you want to save the Internet as we know it…
Do everything in your power to stop Net Neutrality’s implementation!
I’ll be watching what you do.
–END OF LETTER–
Send your letter using DownsizeDC.org’s Educate the Powerful System.
Boy oh boy. Our actions on this issue have really angered some people. Standing for principle is costly. That’s why we need you to…
Share this campaign with others who agree, encouraging them to join you in sending a letter to Congress using our Educate the Powerful System. Forward this message!
Send a generous contribution to support
our continued efforts to “Educate” Congress.
Thank you for being a DC Downsizer,