I told Congress to pass the Read the Bills Act.
Please do the same, you may copy or edit this letter…
Here’s why we need the Read the Bills Act….
A thief probably knows how he’ll spend what he steals, but Congress doesn’t. Here’s an example of what I mean…
You will have to pass another “omnibus” spending bill by December 11, in order to avoid another shutdown. But…
* As of December 8, this spending bill wasn’t even introduced.
* No one knows what will be in it, or have time to read it.
Those who vote AGAINST this bill will be called “obstructionists” and get blamed for a shutdown. Even though the bill will include…
* other special interest favors
* and who knows what else (you certainly don’t)
I do NOT consent (http://bit.ly/10u608Z) to passing bills you haven’t read!
You work for me. I insist you pass the Read the Bills Act, which will…
* force you to write shorter, simpler legislation
* give ME time to learn what’s in a bill so I can send you feedback before a vote.
How can you claim to represent me if you don’t read the bills?
–END OF LETTER–
Send your letter using DownsizeDC.org’s Educate the Powerful System.
Policy Research Director