How much good can your taxes really do, when so many dollars get lost? Retweet
The hardwired message to Congress for our Cut Spending campaign reads very simply…
Cut federal spending.
We think you’ll want to tell Congress to do exactly that after you read the letter we sent to our “representatives.” You can copy it, edit it, or write your own…
I see in the Scientific American that you wasted $1.4 billion on abstinence education in Africa. http://bit.ly/2acDqRh
Anyone could have told you that wouldn’t work. But here’s what I really don’t get — why didn’t you test it on a single village before spending $1.4 billion on it?
Could it be because you’re not spending your own money?
That would also explain this recent report from the Government Accounting Office. http://www.gao.gov/assets/680/678154.pdf It shows that you’re poor at oversight.
* Federal agencies made $136.7 billion in improper payments during 2015
* This was an increase of $30 billion over the improper payments made in 2013
* Worse yet — it appears your oversight is so poor that federal agencies have made wrong payments of over $1 trillion since 2003
* But somehow they’ve never managed to underpay on anything, ever!
I think that last fact is the most damning of all. Federal agencies never underpay. They always overpay. Perhaps because they really couldn’t give a damn about how they spend other people’s money. Look…
If a report like this was issued about some company or charity in the Voluntary Sector, you would scramble to impose new regulations. But because this is your mess, I predict you’ll do nothing. And that might be a good thing, because…
Everything you do is a train wreck. That’s why I’m keeping my demand simple, so you can’t mess it up…
Cut federal spending. The best way for you to waste less money is to spend less money. Do it now!
–END OF SAMPLE LETTER–
- Send your letter to Congress using our Educate the Powerful System.
- Share this message with friends who may agree or value the facts it contains.
- Please consider making a contribution or starting a monthly pledge to support our work.
Thank you for being an ACTIVE DC Downsizer,