Please tell Congress to pass Sen. Rand Paul’s and Rep. Tim Wahlberg’s Fifth Amendment Integrity Restoration (FAIR) Act using DownsizeDC.org’s End Civil Asset Forfeiture campaign.
You may borrow from or copy this letter…
Contrary to reports, Attorney General Holder did NOT reform asset forfeiture.
* Only 14% of revenue in the federal-state sharing programs will be eliminated. (http://bit.ly/1CwDYZb)
* Other forfeiture programs will continue.
* Federal and local police will still fund their own departments with property stolen from innocent people.
State criminality (http://bit.ly/1rSSp1u) will continue.
By comparison, the FAIR Act (S. 255 and H.R. 540) will end forfeiture robberies.
* Demands CLEAR and CONVINCING evidence that property was linked to a crime, with the owner’s knowledge, before it’s taken
* Requires federal agencies to send forfeiture proceeds to the Treasury so they can’t keep the revenue or share with local police
Asset forfeiture transcends Left and Right. This is a MORAL issue. That’s why I demand you…
END civil asset forfeiture, and start by passing the FAIR Act!
–END OF LETTER–
Send your letter using DownsizeDC.org’s Educate the Powerful System.
Next, please share this email with your friends. Ask them to do exactly what you did…
The more messages your Congressional office receives, the more likely they are to co-sponsor.
Thank you for helping us get this bill co-sponsored,